From: Morrell, Debra [mailto:Debra.Morrell@ct.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:51 PM
Subject: Connecticut Microgrid Program Update – Lots Going On Dear Microgrid Program Participants,
We are approaching an important time for Connecticut’s microgrid program – the release of our 2nd round of Request for Proposals for our program. On top of this, we have a host of other opportunities for interested parties to engage with our program. This email is meant to provide an update on the many opportunities available.
1. The target date for the Microgrid Grant Program Round 2 Request for Proposals (RFP) is the first week of March 2014. You can be assured the DEEP team is working hard to ensure that the RFP will be an even better user experience for program applicants. This date represents a small delay from our previously announced schedule, but that the delay will ensure a better final product.
2. There is a new set of Microgrid Grant Program frequently asked questions (FAQs). The FAQs and all Microgrid Grant Program information can always be found on DEEP’s website at this link: http://goo.gl/DXuNHp.
3. Please join us for the Energy Storage Technology Advancement Partnership (ESTAP) Webinar: Connecticut and Massachusetts Discuss Upcoming Solicitations for Resilient Power and Microgrids hosted by Clean Energy States Alliance on Thursday, February 13, 2014. Register for the webinar at this link: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/129980944.
4. Are you a business looking to meet potential microgrid host sites? Are you a potential host site looking to meet a developer to help you with your microgrid proposal? Join us at a Meet and Greet hosted by DEEP, the Renewable Energy and Efficiency Business Association (REEBA), and the Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority (CEFIA) to be held on Wednesday February 19, 2014 from 5:30-7:30pm in the Phoenix Auditorium, 79 Elm Street, Hartford? If plan on attending this event and/or are interested in making a short presentation, please contact Jackie Rowe at 860.240.6140 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.*
5. SAVE THE DATE: DEEP will host a Microgrid Grant Program bidder’s conference on Thursday, March 20, 2014 from 9:00-12:00. Notice of the bidder’s conference will be sent when the RFP is issued.
6. We would like to make you aware of a DOE microgrid funding opportunity. This funding is outside the scope of Connecticut’s Microgrid Grant Program, but could possibly complement a proposed project. Details of the DOE microgrid funding opportunity can be found at this link: http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/search-grants.html (search for keyword “microgrid”). The funding opportunity number is DE-FOA-0000997. The title of the grant is Microgrid Research, Development, and System Design.
Thank you as always for your participation in our program. We look forward to engaging with you on a variety of different issues in the coming weeks and months.
The DEEP Microgrids Team
* This event is intended to provide a venue for facilitating the exchange of information only. This event is not intended to constitute and shall not be relied upon by participants as an endorsement or promotion by the State of Connecticut of any particular energy consulting firm, microgrid developer, or any others interested in supporting microgrid programs within the state. Grant applicants will need to utilize a competitive selection process for all procurement of consultants and contractors used in connection with DEEP’s microgrid grant program.
Administrative Coordinator Bureau of Energy and Technology Policy
Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
10 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051
P: 860.827.2688|E: email@example.com